Diabetic Care 101
Here is a brief outline of our Diabetes care management program
At Gaboro Health, we understand the diabetic care1 products we supply are important to patients’ quality of life. Our diabetic care program can be described in two words – Products and Service. Healthcare professionals, patients and insurance payers can have peace of mind knowing patients are able to receive diabetic care supplies they need. Gaboro bills the patients’ insurance and ships the supplies directly to them.
Our diabetic care program can be used by:
- Home Health Agencies
- Outpatient Wound Care Centers
- Rehabilitation Centers
- Physician Offices
- Health Systems
Diabetes is a disease in which the body does not produce or properly use insulin. Diabetes can lead to serious complications and premature death. People who have diabetes can take steps to control the disease and lower the risk of complications. We work with healthcare professionals to help patients obtain the supplies needed to comply with their diabetic treatment plan.
More Products to Meet More Diabetic Care Needs
Gaboro offers diabetic care supplies representing the industry’s leading manufacturers such as Abbott and Dexcom.1 McKesson Brands’ private label options are available. We ship diabetes care supplies directly to patients’ homes or alternate care sites across the United States.
Gaboro also offers wound care products to support the continuity of care of diabetes patients.
Exceptional Service for Healthcare Professionals and Patients
We also provide these services to our customers:
- Initial patient orders are shipped for delivery next business day, and patients who reorder typically receive products within one to two business days.2 There is no charge for standard shipping.
- Representatives are available to take orders and answer questions about products.
- We are a contracted supplier with hundreds of managed care payers and are a participating provider with Medicare and many Medicaid plans.
- Insurance specialists verify benefits for products and quantities of reimbursable supplies the patients’ insurance will cover.
- A variety of ordering options (phone, fax and electronic) are available.
1 As a result of regulatory changes effective July 1, 2013, Gaboro Medical is not able to provide diabetic care supplies to patients using Medicare Part B benefits.
2 Shipping is contingent upon receiving product authorization from the insurance payer if required and a physician’s order if required by state law for the product and does not apply to incontinence products and breast pumps.